How to set a homepage on Chrome
How do you set a homepage on Chrome? It’s not complicated, but it’s incredibly beneficial. Customizing your homepage on Google Chrome is straightforward and well worth the time and effort it takes to master.
This method allows you to quickly access the website that you visit the most often. For example, it could be a favorite news outlet like Fox news or a social media site like Twitter that you frequently visit.
Google Chrome makes it simple to set your favorite website as your default home page.
In your browser, you’ll see an icon for the homepage you’ve set up, and selecting it will immediately take you to the website you specified in the Settings.
Chrome’s ability to be customized to your preferences is one of the most valuable features of the browser.
While the default search engine is Google, you have the option to alter these settings. You can even choose which websites should open when the program starts.
Google Chrome makes it simple to get around the web, no matter where you’re going. The homepage icon is displayed in browsers, and clicking it takes you directly to the website that you’ve selected in the Settings menu if you’ve created one.
Google Chrome’s default home page includes a company search bar and four of your most frequently visited pages, but you can change it.
You should set Google as your home page to access Google quickly every time you open a new browser window.
Related: How to make money by Blogging
In Chrome’s “Settings” menu, you can change the home page and tailor it to your interests and needs. Today, we’ll show you how to set a homepage on Chrome and change Chrome’s Homepage to any other URL.
How to set a Homepage on Chrome on a Windows computer
To set homepage on Chrome, follow the following steps:
Open the Chrome browser on your phone or computer.
1. Open your chrome browser
2. At the upper right top corner of the Chrome browser, click More
3. To see more settings, click on “Settings” at the bottom of the page.
4. You’ll be redirected to the Settings page to find more options. Click on Appearance.
5. Activate the “Show Home” button by swiping a switch on the right side.
This option is called the New Tab page, and it will appear. Once you’ve entered the URL of your preferred website, press Enter on your keyboard.
6. Chrome’s Homepage is now set.
7. Open Chrome’s newly set home page by clicking the homepage icon in the top left corner.
Google Chrome will now open with your favorite website as the default homepage.
How to set a Homepage on Chrome in Android Devices
You can change your Google Chrome home page for an Android phone or tablet.
To achieve this, follow the following steps.
1. Open your Chrome app on your mobile device.
2. To open a new window, click the three dots in the upper-right corner of a new tab.
3. From the main menu, select Settings.
4. Tap ‘Homepage’ in the settings menu after scrolling down the page.
Insert the URL of your favorite website and press enter.
How to Customize Chrome’s Startpage and Home Page
Google Chrome allows you to set any web page as your default startup or home page. Unless you make them the same, these two pages aren’t the same.
When you first open Chrome on your device, it will display your startup page. Similarly, you can access your homepage by clicking the Home button on your browser.
Also Read: Best Website Builder for a Small Business
While using Chrome on a PC, you can customize your startup page. When Chrome is launched on your computer, you control which homepage should appear.
The steps to take are as follows:
1. On your Windows computer, open the Chrome browser
2. At the top right hand, click on More and select settings
3. On the left, click On startup.
4. Open a specific page or set of pages.
5. Type the Web address(es) of the Web page(s) you’d like to open upon launching Google Chrome in the Startup pages fields and click Add.
If you want to add more homepages, simply follow these steps again. All your favorite websites will open in new tabs when Chrome is restarted.
Also Read: Business Plan: How to Make Business Plan
How do I set my Homepage on Chrome mobile?
1. Open the Chrome app on your Android phone or tablet.
2. When you reach the top right of the screen, click More and then Settings.
3. Under “Advanced,” click “Home.”
4: You can choose to use Chrome’s home page or make your page.
Can you set Google as Homepage on iPhone?
Navigate to Safari > Preferences > General in Safari to set your preferences. Open new tabs and windows with the drop-down menus next to the homepage.
Enter www.google.com into the text field in the Homepage section. Whenever you open a new browser window or tab, you’ll be presented with a Google search page.
Is there a home page in Chrome?
Google Chrome, by default, hides the traditional “Home” button from the toolbar. Open Settings if you’d like to enable the “Home Button” and set a “Home Page” for it.
In the upper-right corner of your browser, click on the three vertical dots
You can also find the “Appearance” sub-section under “Settings” in the “Appearance” section.
Make sure that the “Show Home Button” switch is turned on or turn it on if it is not turned on.
Enter or paste the desired URL of the website you’d like to use as your home page into the blank text field below it.
In conclusion, to set a homepage on Chrome, you can add a “Home” button to the browser’s toolbar. Close to the address bar, you’ll see it next to the Refresh button.
You can return to a previously visited page or the New Tab screen by default by clicking on this homepage button.