How to Reset Password in Gmail
How to Reset Password in Gmail
Do you have trouble logging into your Gmail account? No issues! This article describes how to reset your password in Gmail and access its features.
You can change or reset your password for security purposes or if you forget it. Your Google Account password is required to access various Google services, including Gmail and YouTube.
One of Google’s most successful products is Gmail, which most people with a Google account use. Most of us use Gmail for both private and business correspondence. If you forget your Google or Gmail account password, you may be unable to access your account.
Google offers a few easy methods to reset password in Gmail, such as email and SMS verification, in case you forget it. However, you can’t use them unless you’ve already connected your Google account with a phone number or a recovery email address.
To keep your Gmail account secure, it’s a good idea to change the password regularly. Implementing a policy of frequent password changes is one way to increase password security.
You also have no idea when a security flaw will be found or if a hacker has already compromised your account behind the scenes. Neither of these can be determined with any accuracy at this time.
Related: How to Create a New Gmail Account – A Guide on How to Create New Gmail Account.
To keep your information safe, it’s a good idea to reset your password in Gmail and other account passwords periodically, such as every few months.
Passwords are constantly evolving, so even if you remember them most of the time, you may forget them occasionally. This article will reveal how to recover your Gmail password if you forget, lose, or want to increase your account’s security level.
After a year, it can be challenging to remember which passwords are for which programs, services, and websites.
If you lose your password, you may be unable to access any of your company’s data. Remember that a positive outlook is crucial if this describes your current circumstance. If you’ve forgotten your Gmail password, don’t worry; we’ll show you how to reset it quickly.
The system provides multiple options to reset password in Gmail, allowing you to reclaim access to the site’s features. Not all account recovery methods will work unless certain information is saved during account creation.
Related: Google Workspace vs GSuite. What are the Differences?
I wish to restate that, trying any of these options does not ensure that the forgotten password will be retrieved; instead, Chrome will offer to replace the old password with a new one so that you can re-enter the site.
How to Change Password in Gmail When You Know the Password
If you already know your Gmail password, you can easily change it.
Keep your Gmail account safe by switching up your password regularly. If you know the current password for your Gmail account but want to change it, you can do so by following the instructions below:
1. Your Google account can be accessed at myaccount.google.com, where you will be prompted to enter your login details. Login to your account.
While logged in, Click Security to access the security menu.
Related: What is Gmail Label? Guide on How to Create Gmail Label.
2. Scroll down, and Click on Password.
3. Enter your current password if prompted to verify it is you.
4. To alter your password, enter it twice and click the Change Password button to successful change your password in Gmail.
Related: How to Use Gmail Email Whitelist to Filter Spam Mails
How to Reset Password in Gmail
If you already have the password for your Gmail account, this article shows you how easy it is to change the password. But if you forget your password, Google gives you another way to reset your password in Gmail.
To reset your password in Gmail, you must have added a recovery email or phone number to your account. With this, it’s easy to change your password.
But if you haven’t registered an email or mobile phone number for recovery, Google can’t send you a confirmation code to reset it. This makes it hard to reset.
The other option is if you have saved your password in your browser on some of your devices, from which you can automatically log in to your account and change the password.
Here’s how to reset your password in Gmail if you’ve forgotten it:
1. Go to Gmail account recovery here. Enter the your email address and Click Next.
2. In the new window click Try another way.
3. Request a verification code to the linked mobile phone number or recovery email address. The code will be sent to the registered option if you only have one of the two. First, enter your account recovery phone number or email address to receive the code. Click send.
4. Enter the verification code that you received on your recovery mobile phone or email address, as shown below. Enter the code and press the Next button.
5. In the Change Password window, enter your new password and confirm it. Click the save password button to save changes.
Once you save the new password, you have successfully reset your password in your Gmail account
Related: How to Make Google Chrome the Default Browser
Frequently Asked Questions
How to modify your iPhone’s default email address
Launch the Settings app.
Tap Mail after swiping down.
Tap Default Account at the bottom of the page.
Choose the email account you want to use by default.
If I forget my Gmail password, how do I reset it?
Click the “Forgot Password” link on the Gmail sign in page.
Enter the most recent password you can recall.
The secondary email address you used to create your Gmail account must be entered to receive a password reset email.
- Stay signed in to your Google Account on your Android phone for at least 7 days.
- Add a recovery phone number to your Google Account and wait at least 7 days.
- Add a security key to your Google Account if you turned on 2-Step Verification and wait at least 7 days.
- On your Android tablet or smartphone, go to setting, and launch the Google app.
- In the new window click, Manage your Google account.
- Tap Security at the top of the screen.
- Under “Google Sign-In,” tap Password. You may be required to sign in.
- Enter a new password, and then select Change Password.
Change password in Gmail:
Open the Gmail app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap your picture or initials in the upper right corner.
Tap Personal info at the top.
Tap Password where it says “Basic info.”
Enter your new password, then select Change Password.
Also, have a look at these helpful guides:
How Much Money Per Views On Youtube Can I Make?
Best Website Builder for a Small Business in 2022 – An Overview
What is the Executive Summary of a Business Plan?
Have you ever been in a condition where you needed to send an urgent email but couldn’t because you forgot your password for Gmail? Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section.